Who is needed on the school wide Berkeley High ASB Student Leadership Team?
We are building a team of students with diverse backgrounds and talents. We need YOU.
Why should you consider running for a leadership position?
- It looks good on your college resume, and work closely with the principal & vice principals (great for rec letters)!
- It can be used to meet community service hour requirements and gets you 5-10 elective credits.
- Make a lot of new friends here at Berkeley High and other schools when you go to super fun camps and conferences.
- You are going to learn skills that you’ll find yourself using right away and later in life to great benefit.
- Gain the power to do something fun or serious or both to change the school, the city, and the world.
- Attain the confidence to take control of your destiny and make change through the rest of your life.
What is the school wide Berkeley High ASB Student Leadership Team?
The team is made up of three groups:
- The executive team: This group will get really tight with many of its members going to retreats, leadership camps, and conferences. This is the core team of the school that makes things happen – the team that executes!! Homecoming Week, Relief Campaigns, Month of Service, Holiday Meal, Graduation, big-money fundraisers, blood drives, concerts, carnivals, fairs, holiday activities, guest speakers, panel discussions – the sky is the limit for what this group can bring to the school if they work well together.
- The student senate: The School Board, School Site Council (SSC), the Berkeley Schools Excellence Project (BSEP), and the Development Group are the four most important decision-making groups on campus. Want a say on school design, the bell schedule, teacher evaluations, major school policies or where millions of dollars are distributed every year? Then run to be on one of these groups.
- The class leadership teams: Each class (9th-12th grade) has a leadership group that plans one major event such as Prom, homecoming week activities, and fundraisers throughout the year. The members of these groups also serve as the volunteer core of most major events like Holiday Meal and can take on other exciting roles and activities if they are well organized.
ASB Leadership Course Information (subject to change)
Events for 2021-2022 Leadership Positions (subject to change)
- Tuesday, February 3, 2021 – Leadership Open House at lunch
- Wednesday, February 27 – All Elected Candidate Applications Due by midnight
- Thursday, February 18 time 3:00 pm – Elected Candidate Mandatory Meeting to review campaign rules and Election Convention
- March 8-12 – Election Convention Week 2021
- February 19 – March 21 – Campaign Season
- March 22 – 25 ASB Election Online Voting Period
- March 26 – ASB Elected Candidate Winners Announced (subject to change)
- April 26 – Appointed Leadership Position Applications due by midnight
- April 26 – Appointed Leadership Position Interview Period Begins
- May 3 – 9th Grade Orientation Leader Interest Form due by midnight
- May 10 – May 15 Leadership Team Selection & Review process
- May 19 – 2021-22 Leadership Team Notification Begins
- May 21 – ASB Executive Leadership Team On Campus Workshop
- June 1 – First Meeting for the 2021-22 team @ 2:30 PM
- Fall 2021 – Meetings typically take place Monday mornings at 8:30 am. This may change due to any updated bell schedules.
- September 2021 – Class of 2025 Freshman Class Leadership Applications Due
Class Leadership Applications (Google Form)
- Class President & Class Vice President Application for Elected Positions DUE FEBRUARY 17, 2021
- Class Secretary, Class Treasurer, Class Deputy (8) BHS Application for Appointed Positions Due April 26, 2021
- BHS Application for Freshman Positions (Will become available Fall 2021) Due SEPTEMBER 21, 2021
Executive Team Applications (Google Form)
- ASB President, ASB Vice President, Chief of Service, Chief of Publicity BHS Application for Elected Positions DUE FEBRUARY 17, 2021
- Commissioners and other Executive Team Positions BHS Application for Appointed Positions Due April 26, 2021
Student Senate Applications (Google Form)
- BSEP/SSC Student Representative BHS Application for Elected Positions DUE FEBRUARY 17, 2021
- BUSD School Board Student Representative BHS Application for Elected Positions DUE FEBRUARY 17, 2021
- Student Representative for BHS Development Group BHS Application for Appointed Positions Due April 26, 2021
9th Grade Orientation Leader Interest Form (Google Form)
If in the 2021-22 school year you will be a JUNIOR or SENIOR and wish to work with freshman class, consider applying to become a ORIENTATION DAY LEADER:
- 9th Grade Orientation Leader Interest Form DUE MAY 3, 2021
Please contact Mr. V if you need assistance completing your application.
The Board also prohibits retaliation against any district employee or job applicant who complains, testifies or in any way participates in the district’s complaint procedures instituted pursuant to this policy. (Board Policy 4030)
Complaint forms are available at school sites and on the district webpage at www.berkeleyschools.net/complaints.
Stephen Jimenez-Robb, Title IX and Compliance
2020 Bonar Street Room 116, Berkeley, CA 94702
Phone: 510.486.9338 Email: email@example.com
More information is available at www.berkeleyschools.net/non-discrimination/.