Student Club Information
Click the following link in order to view the list of BHS Student Clubs. This list is updated monthly.
Current Student Clubs
Create/Renew a Student Club
If you would like to start a new club, please click the following link and submit your registration online. It will take 1-2 weeks to process the club registration. The deadline to create a new club is the end of the first semester. If you are applying for the following year, please submit your forms before school ends in June.
Upcoming Club Events
Registered clubs can sign up with Mr. V to be a part of these club events:
- Submit new and/or updated documents before the end of the school year.
- Fall Club Fair – September 13, 2019
- Cultural Club Fair – November 14, 2019
- Spring Club Fair – February 7, 2020
- Spring Carnival 2020 – May 29, 2020
For 2019-20, clubs will need to create a CLUB CONSTITUTION and submit a REGISTRATION FORM. If the club plans to spend or receive money, the club must complete a CLUB BUDGET. Your club will need to have CLUB CONSTITUTION and CLUB BUDGET on file before setting up account with the ASB ACCOUNTANT in D173.
Submit these documents to the Director of Student Activities by the end of the school year.
BHS Student Club Handbook
Please click here to access the BHS Club Handbook.
Student Club Guidelines
Memorandum of Understanding between the Associated Student Body and the proposed club/organization
Your application will be approved or not approved by a majority vote of the ASB officers in their next meeting following submission of this completed form. To confirm the decision club/organization representatives should contact the Director of Student Activities.
Student clubs should review the Fundraising presentation to get a better idea of how to raise money on campus. Student Clubs are also expected to observe guidelines as outlined in the Fiscal Crisis and Management Assistance Team (FCMAT) , which can be found online. The mission of the Fiscal Crisis and Management Assistance Team is to help California’s local educational agencies fulfill their financial and management responsibilities by providing fiscal advice, management assistance, training and other related school business service
Please also refer to the Money Handling presentation to learn about how to appropriately deposit funds at BHS.
Upon approval . . .
* the faculty sponsor agrees to take responsibility for the supervision of students at club/organization activities.
- The club/organization submits a Club Constitution that outlines the structure of the club and the process for membership.
- the club/organization can conduct events only with approval of the Director of Student Activities. Forms for use of campus spaces are available at the front desk or in the Leadership Office.
- the club/organization is required to create an account with the BHS Bookkeeper for any deposits and savings.
- the club/organization is required to send representatives to meetings where their presence is called upon by the ASB Chief of Clubs and Organizations or the Director of Student Activities.
- the members of the club/organization must operate within school rules, district guidelines, and the state educational code.Any violation can result in suspension or revocation of the club/organization registration and activities.
The Berkeley Unified School District is committed to providing equal opportunity for all individuals in district programs and activities. Accordingly, BUSD programs and activities shall be free from discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying based on actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression; nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. The Board shall promote programs which ensure that discriminatory practices are eliminated in all district activities. (Board Policy 0410, Board Policy 1311, Board Policy 4030, Board Policy 5145.3, Board Policy 5145.7)
The Board also prohibits retaliation against any district employee or job applicant who complains, testifies or in any way participates in the district’s complaint procedures instituted pursuant to this policy. (Board Policy 4030)
Complaint forms are available at school sites and on the district webpage at www.berkeleyschools.net/complaints.
For inquiries or concerns regarding BUSD nondiscrimination policy 5145.3 or the filing of discrimination complaints please contact:
Chelsea Yogerst, Compliance Officer & Title IX Coordinator
2020 Bonar Street Room 116, Berkeley, CA 94702
Phone: 510.486.9338 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information is available at www.berkeleyschools.net/non-discrimination/.