Sarah Weaver, Chief of Service, and her committee are organizing the Holiday Meal this year to prepare for this amazing event where 300-400 meals are served. There is a preparation and set-up shift on Friday, December 14th while the actual meal will be served on Saturday, December 15th from 12:30 pm – 3:00 pm. Our goal this year is to surpass 15,000 pounds of donated food and funds. Here is how you can help:
This year, we are going to attempt to serve a set menu so we will be in the greatest need of prepared food contributions. We are also in need of canned goods and donations for the clothing/toiletry drive. Any extra Thanksgiving ingredients lying in your cabinets would make a great contribution to the meal. Please consider sending your student to school with a few cans to drop off at the bins located outside of the leadership office in the main building.
Our goal is to reach $4,000 for the event. These funds offset staff costs, ingredients, supplies, decorations, and entertainment among other items. We are deeply appreciative of the many supporting donors who make the Holiday Meal possible. We accept CASH or CHECKS payable to “BHS ASB”.
Checks can be dropped off to Mr. Villavicencio’s mailbox or mailed directly to:
Berkeley High School
c/o Mr. Villavicencio BHS Holiday Meal
1980 Allston Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
The following video and photo links demonstrate the magnitude and impact of the meal, if you have not been a part of it before.
- BHS Holiday Meal 2017 Photos:
- BHS Holiday Meal 2016 Photo’s
- BHS Holiday Meal 2015 Photo’s
- BHS Holiday Meal 2014 Photo’s
- BHS Holiday Meal 2013 Video
- BHS Holiday Meal 2012 Video
Fresh Items Needed:
Please sign-up here to bring fresh food donations for the meal.
- Turkeys (at least 12 needed)
- Hams (at least 10 needed)
- Alternative meat options
- Desserts (Pumpkin and assorted pies, cookies)
- Bread (Rolls, loaves, Corn bread)
- Salads (Various salads w or w/o cheese, nuts, dressing) Yams/Sweet Potatoes/Mashed
- Butter (3 pounds needed)
- Onions, Garlic, Spices, Herbs, and other assorted seasonings
- Any Fresh hot or cold dish that you can lovingly donate Fresh food donations can be delivered between 4:30pm-8:00 pm on Friday, December 14 or 8am-12pm of Saturday, December 15 to the main doors of the school at Milvia and Allston. There is a loading zone located here. Please indicate what time you would like deliver your donation.
Canned Foods Needed:
Please bring in amount of the following types of canned foods.
*If you have any questions please ask Mr. Villavicencio or Sarah W in the Leadership Office.
- Beans (Kidney, garbanzo, black, green, baked, refried) Corn
- Chili (Vegetarian, beef)
- Soup (Chicken Noodle)
- Cranberry Sauce
- Pumpkin Pie filling
- Tomato Sauce or Diced Tomatoes
- Pasta, Macaroni Noodles
Other Items Needed:
- Cooking Oil (Olive oil or vegetable oil)
- Coffee, juice, tea, or other beverages
Toiletry, toy and blanket drive will take place from November 1 to December 15. With the winter season on it’s way we want to help the homeless community stay warm. We plan to give donations to students in transitional housing here at Berkeley High and give the remainders out during the Holiday Meal. We will have bins for donations placed throughout Berkeley High including near the Leadership Office and in the C-Gallery. We are asking people to donate new or gently used blankets and new toiletries including: