- BHS Athletics – If interested in the following sports, you need to submit your Athletic Packet by January 31! Badminton, Baseball, Crew (Boys and Girls), Golf (Boys), Lacrosse (Boys and Girls), Softball, Swimming/Diving (Boys and Girls), Tennis (Boys), Track and Field (Boys and Girls), Volleyball (Boys)
- BHS Clubs- Although the deadline to start a new club this school year has passed, you can still join 1 of the over 80+ student clubs. The Spring Club Fair will take place on February 8.
- Join ASB Leadership. Elected Apps due February 15. Info and application are available on the BHS Leadership website:
- Summer Opportunities Fair & Career Resources: On April 25, BHS will host a Summer Opportunities Fair where you may be able to find a summer volunteer/paid position. Visit the BHS Career page for more info on this event and other great resources.
- Tutoring in the CCC after school Mon – Thur as well as around campus. Mr. Laurel will post the new tutoring sheet in February. Talk to your teacher about currently available FREE tutoring options.
Get involved today to see positive change tomorrow.
of Service,, Chief of Publicity, among others are available now on the leadership website and in the Leadership office in the cafeteria. Candidates for elected positions should submit their application by February 15 before being beginning their campaign, making a speech at the Election Convention, and vying for votes in late March during ASB Elections. Feel free to ask Mr. V or current leaders for more info.
Info and application are available on the BHS Leadership website:
- Elected Candidate applications are due February 15.
- Appointed Candidate applications are due April 23.
- Link Leader applications are due April 30.
What is the school wide Berkeley High ASB Student Leadership Team?
- The team is made up of three groups:
- The executive team: This group will get really tight with many of its members going to retreats, leadership camps, and conferences. This is the core team of the school that makes things happen – the team that executes!! Homecoming Week, Relief Campaigns, Month of Service, Holiday Meal, Graduation, big-money fundraisers, blood drives, concerts, carnivals, fairs, holiday activities, guest speakers, panel discussions – the sky is the limit for what this group can bring to the school if they work well together.
- The student senate: The School Board, School Site Council (SSC), the Berkeley Schools Excellence Project (BSEP), and the Development Group are the four most important decision-making groups on campus. Want a say on school design, the bell schedule, teacher evaluations, major school policies or where millions of dollars are distributed every year? Then run to be on one of these groups.
- The class leadership teams: Each class (9th-12th grade) has a leadership group that plans one major event such as Prom, homecoming week activities, and fundraisers throughout the year. The members of these groups also serve as the volunteer core of most major events like Holiday Meal and can take on other exciting roles and activities if they are well organized.