Who is needed on the school wide Berkeley High ASB Student Leadership Team?
We are building a team of students with diverse backgrounds and talents. We need YOU.
Why should you consider running for a leadership position?
- It looks good on your college resume, and work closely with the principal & vice principals (great for rec letters)!
- It can be used to meet community service hour requirements and gets you 5-10 elective credits.
- Make a lot of new friends here at Berkeley High and other schools when you go to super fun camps and conferences.
- You are going to learn skills that you’ll find yourself using right away and later in life to great benefit.
- Gain the power to do something fun or serious or both to change the school, the city, and the world.
- Attain the confidence to take control of your destiny and make change through the rest of your life.
What is the school wide Berkeley High ASB Student Leadership Team?
The team is made up of three groups:
- The executive team: This group will get really tight with many of its members going to retreats, leadership camps, and conferences. This is the core team of the school that makes things happen – the team that executes!! Homecoming Week, Relief Campaigns, Month of Service, Holiday Meal, Graduation, big-money fundraisers, blood drives, concerts, carnivals, fairs, holiday activities, guest speakers, panel discussions – the sky is the limit for what this group can bring to the school if they work well together.
- The student senate: The School Board, School Site Council (SSC), the Berkeley Schools Excellence Project (BSEP), and the Development Group are the four most important decision-making groups on campus. Want a say on school design, the bell schedule, teacher evaluations, major school policies or where millions of dollars are distributed every year? Then run to be on one of these groups.
- The class leadership teams: Each class (9th-12th grade) has a leadership group that plans one major event such as Prom, homecoming week activities, and fundraisers throughout the year. The members of these groups also serve as the volunteer core of most major events like Holiday Meal and can take on other exciting roles and activities if they are well organized.
ASB Leadership Course Information
Events for 2018-2019 Leadership Positions
- Thursday, February 8, 2018 -Leadership Open House at lunch
- Thursday, February 15 – All Elected Candidate Applications Due
- Wednesday, February 21 at lunch: Elected Candidate Mandatory Meeting to review campaign rules and Election Convention
- Wednesday, March 7 – Election Convention 2018 in Little Theater
- March 8 – March 19 – Campaign Season
- March 20 – 22 ASB Election Voting Period
- March 23 ASB Elected Candidate Winners Announced
- April 23 – All Leadership Applications Due
- April 24 – Appointed Leadership Position Interview Period Begins
- April 30 – Link Leader Applications Due
- May 13, 2017 – ASB Executive Leadership Team Retreat
- June 2018 – First Meeting for the 2018-19 team
- September 2018 – Class of 2022 Freshman Class Leadership Applications Due
Class Leadership Applications
- Class Secretary, Class Treasurer, Class Deputy (8) BHS Application for 18.19 Appointed Positions Due April 23
- 2022 freshman class Due SEPTEMBER 2018
Executive Team Applications
- ASB President, ASB Vice President, Chief of Service, Chief of Publicity BHS Application for 18.19 Elected Positions DUE FEBRUARY 15
- Commissioners and other Executive Team Positions BHS Application for 18.19 Appointed Positions Due April 23
Student Senate Applications
- BSEP & SSC Student Representative BHS Application for 18.19 Elected Positions DUE FEBRUARY 15
- BUSD School Board Student Representative BHS Application for 18.19 Elected Positions DUE FEBRUARY 15
- Student Representative for BHS Development Group BHS Application for 18.19 Appointed Positions Due April 23
Link Leader Applications
If in 2018-19 you will be a JUNIOR or SENIOR and wish to work with freshman class, consider applying to become a LINK LEADER:
- Link Leader application 2018.19 DUE APRIL 30 at 4:00 PM
Submit completed applications to Mr. V in the Leadership Office in cafeteria.