Who is needed on the school wide Berkeley High ASB Student Leadership Team?
We are building a team of students with diverse backgrounds and talents. We need YOU.
Why should you consider running for a leadership position?
- It looks good on your college resume, and work closely with the principal & vice principals (great for rec letters)!
- It can be used to meet community service hour requirements and gets you 5-10 elective credits.
- Make a lot of new friends here at Berkeley High and other schools when you go to super fun camps and conferences.
- You are going to learn skills that you’ll find yourself using right away and later in life to great benefit.
- Gain the power to do something fun or serious or both to change the school, the city, and the world.
- Attain the confidence to take control of your destiny and make change through the rest of your life.
What is the school wide Berkeley High ASB Student Leadership Team?
The team is made up of three groups:
- The executive team: This group will get really tight with many of its members going to retreats, leadership camps, and conferences. This is the core team of the school that makes things happen – the team that executes!! Homecoming Week, Relief Campaigns, Month of Service, Holiday Meal, Graduation, big-money fundraisers, blood drives, concerts, carnivals, fairs, holiday activities, guest speakers, panel discussions – the sky is the limit for what this group can bring to the school if they work well together.
- The student senate: The School Board, School Site Council (SSC), the Berkeley Schools Excellence Project (BSEP), and the Development Group are the four most important decision-making groups on campus. Want a say on school design, the bell schedule, teacher evaluations, major school policies or where millions of dollars are distributed every year? Then run to be on one of these groups.
- The class leadership teams: Each class (9th-12th grade) has a leadership group that plans one major event such as Prom, homecoming week activities, and fundraisers throughout the year. The members of these groups also serve as the volunteer core of most major events like Holiday Meal and can take on other exciting roles and activities if they are well organized.
Thursday, February 16 – All Elected Candidate Applications Due
Wednesday, February 22 at lunch: Elected Candidate Mandatory Meeting to review campaign rules and Election Convention
Tuesday, March 7 – Election Convention 2017 in Little Theater
March 6 – March 20 – Campaign Season
March 21 – 23 ASB Election Voting Period
March 24 ASB Elected Candidate Winners Announced
April 24 – All Leadership Applications Due
April 25 – Appointed Leadership Position Interview Period Begins
May 1 – Link Leader Applications Due
May 13, 2017 – ASB Executive Leadership Team Retreat
June 2017 – First Meeting for the 2017-18 team
September 22, 2017 – Class of 2021 Freshman Class Leadership Applications Due
Class Leadership Applications
application – 2021 freshman class Due SEPTEMBER 25, 2017
Executive Team Applications
Only Sophomore & Junior Class positions are available
Student Senate Applications
If in 2017-18 you will be a JUNIOR or SENIOR and wish to work with freshman class, consider applying to become a LINK LEADER:
link-leader-app-2017-2018 DUE by MAY 1 at 4:00 PM
Submit completed applications to Mr. V in the Leadership Office in cafeteria.