Student Club Information
Click the following link in order to view the list of BHS Student Clubs. This list is updated monthly.
Current Student Clubs
Create/Renew a Student Club
If you would like to start a new club, please click the following link and submit your registration online. It will take 1-2 weeks to process the club registration. The deadline to create a new club is the end of the first semester. If you are applying for the following year, please submit your forms before school ends in June.
Upcoming Club Events
Registered clubs can sign up with Mr. V to be a part of these club events:
- New / Returning Student Club Workshop – Tuesday, May 23 @ Lunch – Please RSVP with Mr. V
- Freshman Orientation Club Fair - Thurs Aug. 24 and/or Fri Aug 25 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Quarter 1 Club Leader Meeting – tentatively Sept 12 lunch/after school
- Fall Club Fair – tentatively Sept 14 or 15 during the school day
- Back to School Night club fair – Sept 28 6 pm
For 2017-18, clubs will need to create a CLUB CONSTITUTION and submit a REGISTRATION FORM. If the club plans to spend or receive money, the club must complete a CLUB BUDGET.
Submit these documents to the Director of Student Activities by the end of the school year.
BHS Student Club Handbook
Please click here to access the BHS Club Handbook.
Student Club Guidelines
Memorandum of Understanding between the Associated Student Body and the proposed club/organization
Your application will be approved or not approved by a majority vote of the ASB officers in their next meeting following submission of this completed form. To confirm the decision club/organization representatives should contact the Director of Student Activities.
Student clubs should review the Fundraising presentation to get a better idea of how to raise money on campus. Student Clubs are also expected to observe guidelines as outlined in the Fiscal Crisis and Management Assistance Team (FCMAT) , which can be found online. The mission of the Fiscal Crisis and Management Assistance Team is to help California’s local educational agencies fulfill their financial and management responsibilities by providing fiscal advice, management assistance, training and other related school business service
Please also refer to the Money Handling presentation to learn about how to appropriately deposit funds at BHS.
Upon approval . . .
* the faculty sponsor agrees to take responsibility for the supervision of students at club/organization activities.
- The club/organization submits a Club Constitution that outlines the structure of the club and the process for membership.
- the club/organization can conduct events only with approval of the Director of Student Activities. Forms for use of campus spaces are available at the front desk or in the Leadership Office.
- the club/organization is required to create an account with the BHS Bookkeeper for any deposits and savings.
- the club/organization is required to send representatives to meetings where their presence is called upon by the ASB Chief of Clubs and Organizations or the Director of Student Activities.
- the members of the club/organization must operate within school rules, district guidelines, and the state educational code.Any violation can result in suspension or revocation of the club/organization registration and activities.
Notification of Non-Discrimination Policy
The Berkeley Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, disability, medical condition, homelessness or foster status, in its programs and activities, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Discrimination based on protected class includes sexual harassment, sexual violence, and bullying. All inquiries or concerns regarding BUSD’s nondiscrimination policy 5145.3 or the filing of discrimination complaints should contact:
Dr. Susan Craig
Director of Student Services and Interim Title IX Coordinator
2020 Bonar Street Ste. 112
Berkeley, CA 94702
Inquiries may also be referred to the:
Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Education
50 Beale Street, Suite 7200
San Francisco, CA 94105-1813
FAX: 415-486-5570; TDD: 800-877-8339